Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 16 for iPad Pro

There is not an option for me to download iOS 16 on my iPad (I have successfully downloaded it to my iphone). I don’t have a MAC desktop to download it from, like one answer that was given online.

I’d really like these updates on my iPad… any thoughts how I can get them? Is there a link that I can use to download from the cloud or Apple cloud somewhere… ?

I appreciate any thoughts you have.

TIA for your information and insights….

Posted on Oct 10, 2022 8:54 PM

8 replies

Oct 11, 2022 1:57 AM in response to ssFancyFree

Unlike iOS16 for iPhone (iOS 16.0.3 now current) released 12th September, iPadOS16 is not due for release until sometime in October. For reasons known only to Apple, release dates for iOS for iPhone and iPadOS for iPad have been deliberately staggered.

However, iPadOS 15.7 was also released 12th September - incorporating essential security updates.

About the security content of iOS 15.7 and iPadOS 15.7 - Apple Support

While iOS16 is available for iPhone, iPhone owners have the option to just install iOS15.7 at this time.

More information about the forthcoming iPadOS16 can be found here:

iPadOS 16 Preview - Apple

When iPadOS16 is released, it will be available for these models of iPad:

• iPad Pro (all models)
  • iPad Air (3rd generation and later)
  • iPad (5th generation and later)
  • iPad mini (5th generation and later)

Oct 10, 2022 9:08 PM in response to ssFancyFree

ssFancyFree Said:

"IOS 16 for iPad Pro: There is not an option for me to download iOS 16 on my iPad (I have successfully downloaded it to my iphone). I don’t have a MAC desktop to download it from, like one answer that was given online. [...]"

-------

Use my User Tip:

Updating your iPad Using a Computer:

Aside from updating directly on the iPhone, you can use a Mac or a PC for this as well. So, try doing this using another available computer. See my User Tip: Making Use of a Computer for Updating an iOS Device - User Tip

IMPORTANT:

Backup your iPad First:

Be certain you create a backup of your iPad, prior to the log out, that way you'll have something to restore your iPad from should you need them back.

IOS 16 for iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.