Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

How do I claim my Apple Music artist profile?

hey, im new to this streaming stuff. i recently uploaded music through distrokid and its been two days now and i cant claim my artists profile but my song is on apple music right now. i copied my artist page link and tried to claim it but it says im not the main artist and that im only featured on the song. im quiet confused to be honest. would appreciate some help, thanks !

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 10, 2022 10:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2023 9:25 AM

Ive used Distrokid kid for my account and uploaded music to Spotify and Apple Music. However, when I go to Apple Music for artists and try to find my account Distrokid made for me and claim it. It just comes up as "No Results". But it's on Apple Music. Can anyone help please

34 replies

Jan 9, 2023 12:09 PM in response to DomHawthorn

I finally fixed it on my end. Give it a couple days , I could find my music through a link but not by searching it on Apple Music itself low and behold about two days later it started popping up. Even when this happened I had no fix for the claiming part I still received the "can't find artist" error until I tried on the laptop instead of my phone. I had tried on the laptop multiple times and failed but something told me to open safari to try it out one more time. My name and project popped up and I actually advanced to the next step but it bugged out when trying to link my tunecore account. Once I again I just stayed patience and thought to try it again but this time on google chrome. Everything worked perfectly on chrome and now my claim has been sent for verification. I hope this helps a few of you out!

Dec 9, 2022 9:45 AM in response to appleforartists

This feels like deliberate gatekeeping the “little guys.” No one will get back to us. No “solutions” work. Most responses are generic and don’t even pertain to the questions we are asking.

The facts:

The “little guys” pay your company as much as the big guys, there’s so many independent musicians, and even if they only sell one album, you’re getting millions in revenue, monthly.

Artists may not be valued beyond easy money for you but each one of us usually pours our heart and soul into our music and this stuff stops us dead in our tracks. It’s so discouraging to some, they just give up.

Then theirs the left brain lawful stuff.

We have a right to OUR product and its representation. We have a right to OUR image. We have a right to claim what is rightfully ours without gatekeeping or deliberate hindrance.

C’mon you already take half for doing nothing. At least let us keep a sliver of our souls.

Thanks… I think.

Oct 19, 2022 8:39 AM in response to appleforartists

Apple's reply is not helpful here. Distrokid "support" is useless.

I have the exact same problem as the original poster---Distrokid allegedly auto-submitted my music to Apple Music, and, over 4 weeks later, I STILL cannot claim my artist on Apple Music, for this weird reason where Apple says, "Can’t Add Artist: You’re only able to add artists who are the primary artist on at least one song in Apple Music. The artist you’re looking for may only be a featured artist on all available songs and albums." Not helpful. Release date is Friday and I see no hope of music appearing on Apple Music, and there's no way to resolve this because Distrokid has things set up to absolutely avoid engaging with its customers in a meaningful, timely way.

Nov 15, 2022 1:47 PM in response to appleforartists

I had this same issue and resolved it by going about it a bit differently. I noticed that when I search for my artist name, nothing comes up. But when I drop in the apple music link, the profile shows. The interesting part is that I get the same error message unless I use the song apple link instead of the artist one. The moment I used the song uri to verify, the app let me continue.

That all said, I'm still being verified, but at least it got passed the error. Hope this helps someone else facing the issue.

Nov 30, 2022 6:40 PM in response to ibberson92

I'm distributing through CD Baby and I can't claim Apple artist page either. I get the same message "Can’t Add Artist - You’re only able to add artists who are the primary artist on at least one song in Apple Music. The artist you’re looking for may only be a featured artist on all available songs and albums." Any update about this issue?

Dec 13, 2022 7:23 PM in response to appleforartists

I tried to troubleshoot via the Developer Console of Browser and I find out that when I enter the URL of my music URL or Artist URL it showing that I am Unauthorized but I already logged into https://artists.apple.com/ let me know if anyone know the solution of it.

{
  "errors" : [ {
    "id" : "A3BEA63KCPE5DU3J67MYTXKHP4",
    "status" : "401",
    "code" : "NOT_AUTHORIZED.NO_ACCESS",
    "title" : "An account is required to access this system.",
    "detail" : "This Apple ID is not associated with any active account, so it cannot access this system.",
    "links" : {
      "see" : "/login"
    }
  } ]
}

Oct 12, 2022 7:58 AM in response to appleforartists

Hi appleforartists,

We would like to help point you in the right direction, since the service you mentioned it a third party. We did some research and found some information that may be helpful for you, and we've linked it below.

Upload Your Music to Apple Music

If that doesn't help to get the issue resolved, we recommend reaching out to the DistroKid Support Team directly.

Cheers!

Mar 6, 2023 1:25 AM in response to appleforartists

Im not using distrokid,but i got the same msg as you. Once the release was out i was able to do it. Try copying your song url and pasting it instead of your artist name. I remember apple support said that they are doing some maintenance on the itunes for artist web and this is a better way to get around it. I hope this helpe,i feel you it’s so inconvenient. Its been 4-5 days since i sent my request to claim my account and still didnt recieve an e-mail from them. Delays are bound to happen on your first release,take is easy and be patient.

How do I claim my Apple Music artist profile?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.