Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MAC MINI A1347 when starting there is now beep at all, what is wrong ?

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 5:05 AM

11 replies

Oct 11, 2022 6:59 AM in response to younan98

There are 16 different Mac mini models that fall into the A1347 category.

see > https://everymac.com/ultimate-mac-lookup/?search_keywords=a1347

At this point it is impossible for us to help you, without more precise details about the Mac mini year model, the spec's and what all you have connected to it. see > Writing an effective Apple Support Commun… - Apple Community

Oct 12, 2022 5:39 AM in response to den.thed

I started my mac mini after a long time of not using it, it didn't work. hearing only Beep , i tried to reinstall it , it said that the HDD was bad , i changed the HDD , made a bootable usb with Mojave , tried to install it on mac mini, clicking on option key after hearing beep sound, few times but didn't boot from USB, i shut down the computer 5 or six times by holding power button, after that when i start the mac mini no beep sound.

Spec for PC are:

MAC mini core i7 2.3 late 2012

model A1347 ( EMC 2570 )

RAM 4 GB, VRAM 512 MB

Storage 1 TB

As i said before now there is no beep sound when clicking on power button led indicator is on but no beep sound at start.

please advise.

Oct 13, 2022 1:28 AM in response to den.thed

I bought a new HDD drive Crucial MX500 2.5" 500 GB and put it in MAC Mini.

I downloaded Mojave from Apple website , used Terminal and the following command , after renaming the usb drive name to MyVolume.

The problem is i cant hear the beep when starting mac in order to push option button after that.

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume

why there is no beep sound ?

Oct 13, 2022 5:38 AM in response to younan98

There is no startup chime because there is no macOS installed on the drive.

Using a USB keyboard and mouse turn on the Mac mini holding the Alt (option) key and see if the installer is presented in the Startup Manager.

If not, then there is something wrong with the installer on the flash drive and you need to make another one.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.