Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Keyboard physical keys show different characters depending on the language i am using. SETTINGS HELP

Hello. My question is related to the latest Magic Keyboards for Mac. I have the small version which I use as my main keyboard to interact with my iPad Pro and my mac book pro. I have the spanish version of the physical keyboard. I write in three languages and when I change to English for example, the physical key that in spanish belong to an specific character, once changed to English in the iPad, would give me a different character which makes my typing slower and harder. Is there a way I can change the English keyboard key to what in fact my physical keyboard shows ?

Not sure if i explained myself properly, i try to explain in spanish if it helps :

Mi teclado físico español, cuando escribo en ingles, las teclas fisicas no se corresponden con lo que se muestra en pantalla. Puedo modificar los ajustes de respuesta del Magic Keyboard en las distintas lenguas que uso a diario para que todos los caracteres se correspondan con las teclas que pulso independientemente del idioma en que escriba?

Gracias

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 6:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 6:51 AM

YOMISMODUCKSAKE wrote:

Is there a way I can change the English keyboard key to what in fact my physical keyboard shows ?

Yes. Go to settings > general > keyboard > hardware keyboard and tap over at the right edge for English. Then make sure that Spanish (and NOT "automatic" or "english") is checked. That way you should be able to type English with the Spanish keyboard mapping.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2022 6:51 AM in response to YOMISMODUCKSAKE

YOMISMODUCKSAKE wrote:

Is there a way I can change the English keyboard key to what in fact my physical keyboard shows ?

Yes. Go to settings > general > keyboard > hardware keyboard and tap over at the right edge for English. Then make sure that Spanish (and NOT "automatic" or "english") is checked. That way you should be able to type English with the Spanish keyboard mapping.

Magic Keyboard physical keys show different characters depending on the language i am using. SETTINGS HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.