Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID is blocked

When trying to unlock the ID, the iPhone asks for access to an outdated number that I don't have access to

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 7:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 8:12 AM

Try using Account Recovery. The Recovery Process is an automated process and the length of time it takes can vary a lot. Apple ID Support can only answer your questions. They can't intervene in or speed up the process. The article below has some suggestions to shorten the time the process takes.

Apple ID - Recover your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery.   *

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2022 8:12 AM in response to tekkirin

Try using Account Recovery. The Recovery Process is an automated process and the length of time it takes can vary a lot. Apple ID Support can only answer your questions. They can't intervene in or speed up the process. The article below has some suggestions to shorten the time the process takes.

Apple ID - Recover your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery.   *

Oct 13, 2022 7:42 AM in response to tekkirin

Contact Apple ID Support for assistance.  See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.  

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.   -

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.  *   (Link doesn’t always load)  

Get Support      -    Work through the screens to get a chat option. You may have to pick a slightly different problem.

Apple Support schedule phone call.   -

If necessary, use Twitter or Messages.

Apple on Twitter     

Messages chat with Apple  

From the Apple Support article below. 

Without proof of your identity via security questions and other carefully selected criteria, Apple Support can't help you reset a password or perform any other actions on your account. These policies are audited and reviewed on a regular basis.

Security and your Apple ID - Apple Support.      *

Oct 13, 2022 4:37 AM in response to Eric Root

The problem is that my number "47" is tied to my apple ID and it works fine. The only problem is when I try to update or download something from the appstore, they tell me that I am blocked and a number with "28" is required. Otherwise, everything works fine with the settings and everything else. I can easily change the password or the linked number. The problem is that the number "28" is not mine. Apple requires a completely different number belonging to another person.

Apple ID is blocked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.