You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uneven keys on MacBook Pro m1

Hi apple community

I have a MacBook Pro m1 2020 edition. I noticed that some keys on my keyboard are more raised than others, and after some typing some keys also gets tilted. I just wanted to ask if this is normal. You can observe this if you lean back on your chair or raise your macbook by some degrees. I am unable to capture it on camera as in camera it equalises all the light but for reference will attach some pictures.

Basically its some keys in left side of the keyboard

keys which I feel more bright are (Q,W,A,S,Z,X,+,3)

and other also have slight tilt in them

Is this normal?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 7:14 AM

1 reply

Oct 11, 2022 9:34 AM in response to gursidak20

gursidak20 wrote:

Hi apple community
I have a MacBook Pro m1 2020 edition. I noticed that some keys on my keyboard are more raised than others, and after some typing some keys also gets tilted. I just wanted to ask if this is normal. You can observe this if you lean back on your chair or raise your macbook by some degrees. I am unable to capture it on camera as in camera it equalises all the light but for reference will attach some pictures.
Basically its some keys in left side of the keyboard
keys which I feel more bright are (Q,W,A,S,Z,X,+,3)
and other also have slight tilt in them
Is this normal?
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/649ca993-e567-46f1-a319-3d9ffa35b59d
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/767a93b2-a081-4925-9aa3-cdd1e8e1e8e6

I see this as normal.

If you think you have an issue take it in for a hardware issue or return the purchase if within the 14 day return window

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

you have a limited 14 days for an exchange or refund if it does not suit you Returns & Refunds Order status

Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple

That 14-day return/exchange policy only applies in countries where you can buy DIRECT from Apple

Is there a replacement process for macboo… - Apple Community

Uneven keys on MacBook Pro m1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.