Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i can’t change my nickname in my game center

how to change your nickname in game center when you’re unable to?

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 10:40 AM

I tried the steps in that link (Use Game Center to play with friends - Apple Support) but my Game Center Nickname just keeps auto-populating with my old name. I type in a new name, I even tried using one of the suggested ones on my iPhone (just to check with names I knew for sure are available), and no matter what I do, as soon as I tap out of the Nickname field, the Nickname field re-populates with my old nickname.

iPhone 13, iOS16

Is anyone else experiencing this?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2022 10:40 AM in response to SravanKrA

I tried the steps in that link (Use Game Center to play with friends - Apple Support) but my Game Center Nickname just keeps auto-populating with my old name. I type in a new name, I even tried using one of the suggested ones on my iPhone (just to check with names I knew for sure are available), and no matter what I do, as soon as I tap out of the Nickname field, the Nickname field re-populates with my old nickname.

iPhone 13, iOS16

Is anyone else experiencing this?

i can’t change my nickname in my game center

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.