Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I trust that if it says iPhoto library has already been migrated to photo library that it is safe to delete the iPhoto library without losing anything

Can I trust that if it says iPhoto library has already been migrated to photo library that it is safe to delete the iPhoto library without losing anything

MacBook Air 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 7:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 9:05 AM

I would at least do a sanity check and glance through clicking on a few images to make sure that they can load full size.

If they are precious images, it might do to get an external drive and save a copy as a just -in-case.

Note that you won't get as much space back as you thing since Photos uses "hard links" to refer to the originals, effectively sharing the space between the libraries.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2022 9:05 AM in response to lynne.fuller

I would at least do a sanity check and glance through clicking on a few images to make sure that they can load full size.

If they are precious images, it might do to get an external drive and save a copy as a just -in-case.

Note that you won't get as much space back as you thing since Photos uses "hard links" to refer to the originals, effectively sharing the space between the libraries.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.