Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad transfers

A simple question: I need to transfer apps from an iPad with iOS 9 to one with iOS 10. Should be simple, no? I've tried programs which claim to transfer apps from an 'old' iPad to a new one but transfer is always blocked. iTunes doesn't seem to help either.

Any ideas, please?

Thanks for any help offered.

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 11:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 11:52 AM

Apps cannot be directly transferred between devices. Instead, for Apps that are compatible and remain available for download, they are simply installed again from the App Store.

Purchased Apps are digitally signed - and permanently associated with the AppleID account from which they were purchased.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2022 11:52 AM in response to iPadtransfers

Apps cannot be directly transferred between devices. Instead, for Apps that are compatible and remain available for download, they are simply installed again from the App Store.

Purchased Apps are digitally signed - and permanently associated with the AppleID account from which they were purchased.

Oct 11, 2022 12:14 PM in response to LotusPilot

Thanks. I'm not looking to transfer 'directly' - indirectly would do fine!

Have you tried downloading apps from the AppStore onto an iOS10 iPad recently? Maybe there are some where it's possible, but none of those which I've tried. Which is why I need to transfer the ones I already safely have to a newer iPad. We can put men on the moon (or could) so a simple exercise like this must be possible somehow, with all the modern tech available to us.

Your time and helpfulness is appreciated.

iPad transfers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.