Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail Subfolders Disappeared

Recently, my iPhone stopped showing subfolders in the iOS email app. It shows all the custom folders made at the same level as the Inbox, but all folders beneath those, and their respective contacts, are gone. I changed nothing. This just changed on its own.

Please note that I am using my iPad to read the same email and the subfolders DO appear in the iOS email app on my iPad.

I am using iOS 16 with an iPhone 13 Pro Max

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 11:49 AM

4 replies

Oct 12, 2022 2:34 PM in response to gclarkhansen

Hey there gclarkhansen,

Try using the steps below to help organize your mailboxes and locate your folders:

You can choose which mailboxes to view, reorder your mailboxes, create new ones, or rename or delete mailboxes. (Some mailboxes can’t be changed.)

To organize your mailboxes, tap the Back button in the upper-left corner, tap Edit, then do any of the following:
• View mailboxes: Select the checkboxes next to the mailboxes you want to include in the mailboxes list.
• Reorder mailboxes: Touch and hold the Reorder button next to a mailbox until it lifts up, then drag it to the new position.
• Create a new mailbox: Tap New Mailbox in the lower-right corner, then follow the onscreen instructions.
•Rename a mailbox: Tap the mailbox, then tap the title. Delete the name, then enter a new name.
• Delete a mailbox: Tap the mailbox, then tap Delete Mailbox.

Organize email in mailboxes on iPhone - Apple Support

Take care!

Oct 15, 2022 4:03 PM in response to gclarkhansen

Thanks. Unfortunately this did not solve my problem. For iCloud email, it is fine. But in the same mail viewer (iOS), I also view my Google mail account provided via IEEE. Everything was fine until one day recently it just stopped showing subfolders. So the folder structure I created for this (at the same level as my Inbox) is still there, but none of the subfolders are visible anymore.

Other thoughts?

Mail Subfolders Disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.