Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What if my watch will not update and says “Preparing” where update is but it’s been like that for more than 12 hours.

My Apple Watch is not updating it is stuck on preparing where the update should be. I had to reset it because I got a new phone and now it’s not updating or going through the update completely

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 1:24 PM

Then;

Setup your Watch to a new iPhone

Similar questions

8 replies

Oct 26, 2022 4:55 AM in response to Hrslaughter

Is your Apple Watch stuck on verifying or preparing when updating its watchOS? Some Apple Watch users are experiencing this issue when trying to update their Apple Watch.

When they try to update their watch, and the verifying/preparing update message appears, some Apple Watches freeze up, get stuck on that page, and won’t go away. Even though it may seem like you can’t get off this verifying screen, you can!

If your Apple Watch is stuck on verifying or preparing, it’s often because your watch does not have enough storage space available. So if you free up some space on your watch, that should do the trick! set up your watch to new iPhone for more info.

check out this amazing post

What if my watch will not update and says “Preparing” where update is but it’s been like that for more than 12 hours.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.