Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microphone Xed out on talk to text

When I am texting or searching the internet and hit the microphone under the keyboard, a icon pops up above the text box that shows a miniature microphone with an X in front of it and my voice is not picked up at all. The microphone works for speaker phone, FaceTime, etc, just not for talk to text.

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 3:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 3:50 PM

I had the same problem until just a minute ago! I saw something on another thread about going into your settings, then Siri and Search, then go to languages and change to ENGLISH (United Kingdom). It worked for me! Give it a try. Hopefully it’ll work for you too. Very odd. Now my messages (talk to text), Siri and Safari are all three working again.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2022 3:50 PM in response to DKKEIM

I had the same problem until just a minute ago! I saw something on another thread about going into your settings, then Siri and Search, then go to languages and change to ENGLISH (United Kingdom). It worked for me! Give it a try. Hopefully it’ll work for you too. Very odd. Now my messages (talk to text), Siri and Safari are all three working again.

Microphone Xed out on talk to text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.