Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i don't udnerstand. I have an iphone 8. This never happened before. l Also, my computer is very slow and I just bought it last year. Please advise.

I plugged my iphone 8 into my mac, and I received a message on my mac that I must update my mac to conform with my iphone 6. This messages makes no sense at all.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 4:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 12:22 AM

Are you referring to -> Related Article?

If you see "Software update is required to connect to your iOS device" on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support (UK)

If so, you may need to update the software on your Mac in order for it to recognise your iOS device. 

Click Install to download and install the software so your Mac can update or sync your iOS device.

It is just a small patch for macOS.

You won't notice that update by the way, it only lasted 3 minutes or so.

The Mac remains 11.5 and the iPhone remains iOS iOS 12.5.6.

Also, my computer is very slow

Check ⤵️

Check the status of your network on Mac

Check the status of your network on Mac - Apple Support

Free up storage space on your Mac

Free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support (IN)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2022 12:22 AM in response to israella777

Are you referring to -> Related Article?

If you see "Software update is required to connect to your iOS device" on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support (UK)

If so, you may need to update the software on your Mac in order for it to recognise your iOS device. 

Click Install to download and install the software so your Mac can update or sync your iOS device.

It is just a small patch for macOS.

You won't notice that update by the way, it only lasted 3 minutes or so.

The Mac remains 11.5 and the iPhone remains iOS iOS 12.5.6.

Also, my computer is very slow

Check ⤵️

Check the status of your network on Mac

Check the status of your network on Mac - Apple Support

Free up storage space on your Mac

Free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support (IN)

i don't udnerstand. I have an iphone 8. This never happened before. l Also, my computer is very slow and I just bought it last year. Please advise.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.