Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no texting sound when text is received

I have iOS 16, but don't receive any text sound when I receive a text this is set for sounds when a text message come through, but there is no sound when the message arrives

iPhone X

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 4:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2022 6:46 PM

*ISSUE RESOLVED**

iPhone 14 Pro 128 gb, iOS 16.1

Problem: NO SOUND/NOTIFICATION text messages on iPhone nor apple watch (messages come through the app, but you have no way of knowing a text comes through unless you are on the texting app)

• iPhone was not on SILENT mode
  • iPhone was not DO NOT DISTURB
  • iPhone was up to date
  • iPhone bluetooth was not the problem
  • iPhone messages was enabled

SOLUTION: a soft reset- you wont lose contacts, pictures, or apps. only difference I saw was that it disconnects from any saved Wifi connections

How to do a soft reset:

Tap on SETTINGS, tap on GENERAL, tap on TRANSFER OR RESET IPHONE, tap on RESET, tap on the top option RESET ALL SETTINGS

When texts come, it notifies on my watch, vibrates on silent, and dings when not silent

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2022 6:46 PM in response to ppgnho

*ISSUE RESOLVED**

iPhone 14 Pro 128 gb, iOS 16.1

Problem: NO SOUND/NOTIFICATION text messages on iPhone nor apple watch (messages come through the app, but you have no way of knowing a text comes through unless you are on the texting app)

• iPhone was not on SILENT mode
  • iPhone was not DO NOT DISTURB
  • iPhone was up to date
  • iPhone bluetooth was not the problem
  • iPhone messages was enabled

SOLUTION: a soft reset- you wont lose contacts, pictures, or apps. only difference I saw was that it disconnects from any saved Wifi connections

How to do a soft reset:

Tap on SETTINGS, tap on GENERAL, tap on TRANSFER OR RESET IPHONE, tap on RESET, tap on the top option RESET ALL SETTINGS

When texts come, it notifies on my watch, vibrates on silent, and dings when not silent

no texting sound when text is received

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.