Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar on Mac Desktop vs iPhone

My office uses Outlook / Exchange calendars, which sync perfectly with my iPhone, but not with my desktop. I have 4 calendars in my Outlook/Exchange account, also several that are shared with me by co-workers. On my phone I can see all of my calendars as well as theirs. However, on the desktop I only get 3 of my calendars, and none of the ones shared with me. Also, when I create new events from my desktop calendar they don't always sync with exchange - I never have this problem on iPhone.

iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021, 2 ports)

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 4:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 3:31 PM

Hi MwatersEMS,

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Re: Calendar on Mac Desktop vs iPhone

Seems iPhone methods, and Mac methods, are sometimes a little (or a lot) different from each other in use.

Generally, in many apps one can do a whole lot more on a Mac than on an iPhone, if you know how..

However, apologies if you already know the below methods, and find they are just not working on your Mac

In that case, you might want to chat online / talk with / Contact -Apple Support.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Re: getting "none of the ones shared with me"

Apple Support's article:

(NB: is for Monterey, or open linked article to choose earlier Mac OS versions at the top, for accurate info.)

Share calendar accounts on Mac – Apple Support

says:

"See calendar accounts you have access to

1. In the Calendar app  on your Mac, choose Calendar > Preferences, then click Accounts.
    2. Select the calendar account, then click Delegation.
      • A CalDAV account appears in the “Accounts I can access” list.
      • For an Exchange account, click Add button , then enter the username of the person who gave you access.
    1. To see a delegated account’s calendars in the main Calendar window, select Show.
    2. To see a delegated account’s calendars in a new window, choose Window > [account name]."

Re: creating new events: "they don't always sync with exchange"

Refresh calendars on Mac – Apple Support

says:

Refresh calendars on Mac

If you publish or share calendars, you may want to refresh them so that others can see your latest changes.

Or, if you subscribe to calendars, you may want to check for updates periodically to be sure you have the latest information.

A published or shared calendar has a Share Calendar button  next to its name.

A calendar you subscribe to has a Subscription button  next to its name.

• In the Calendar app  on your Mac, choose View > Refresh Calendars.

____________________________________________________________________-

More info: Import or export calendars on Mac – Apple Support

Calendar User Guide for Mac – Apple Support

All the best :-)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2022 3:31 PM in response to MwatersEMS

Hi MwatersEMS,

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Re: Calendar on Mac Desktop vs iPhone

Seems iPhone methods, and Mac methods, are sometimes a little (or a lot) different from each other in use.

Generally, in many apps one can do a whole lot more on a Mac than on an iPhone, if you know how..

However, apologies if you already know the below methods, and find they are just not working on your Mac

In that case, you might want to chat online / talk with / Contact -Apple Support.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Re: getting "none of the ones shared with me"

Apple Support's article:

(NB: is for Monterey, or open linked article to choose earlier Mac OS versions at the top, for accurate info.)

Share calendar accounts on Mac – Apple Support

says:

"See calendar accounts you have access to

1. In the Calendar app  on your Mac, choose Calendar > Preferences, then click Accounts.
    2. Select the calendar account, then click Delegation.
      • A CalDAV account appears in the “Accounts I can access” list.
      • For an Exchange account, click Add button , then enter the username of the person who gave you access.
    1. To see a delegated account’s calendars in the main Calendar window, select Show.
    2. To see a delegated account’s calendars in a new window, choose Window > [account name]."

Re: creating new events: "they don't always sync with exchange"

Refresh calendars on Mac – Apple Support

says:

Refresh calendars on Mac

If you publish or share calendars, you may want to refresh them so that others can see your latest changes.

Or, if you subscribe to calendars, you may want to check for updates periodically to be sure you have the latest information.

A published or shared calendar has a Share Calendar button  next to its name.

A calendar you subscribe to has a Subscription button  next to its name.

• In the Calendar app  on your Mac, choose View > Refresh Calendars.

____________________________________________________________________-

More info: Import or export calendars on Mac – Apple Support

Calendar User Guide for Mac – Apple Support

All the best :-)

Calendar on Mac Desktop vs iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.