Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Select and move non adjacent cells in numbers

How can I select and then move multiple non adjacent cells in unison. Is it possible to link non adjacent cells together so they always move together?

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 8:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2022 11:33 PM

Ian writes: I can select multiple non adjacent cells this way, but they will not drag.

Likewise.

Here's an example of what can be done:

In an empty 5 by 20 cell table, I entered a series of letters from A to Z plus AA in rows 2 to 10 of columns B to D,

then selected cell B2 (containing "A") by clicking once on that cell.

I then pressed and held the command key and clicked every second cell in columns B, C and D. (The selected cells above can be identified by the blue borders. (Selected cells in column C are in rows where the cells in columns B and D are not selected.),then pressed command-C to Copy the content of the selected cells.

With the cell contents, and the position of each cell in relation to the others, I clicked on cell B11 to select it, then pressed command-V to paste the copied data into that cell and the others located in the same position relative to B11 as the positions of the cells containing the original data relative to cell B2.

To "Move" the originally selected cells (and their contents) to the same locations as seen above could be accomplished by cutting the values (command-X in place of command-C)from the originally selected cells, then repeating the same select B11 and Paste actions as above.

Regards,

Barry

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2022 11:33 PM in response to ianfromlos angeles

Ian writes: I can select multiple non adjacent cells this way, but they will not drag.

Likewise.

Here's an example of what can be done:

In an empty 5 by 20 cell table, I entered a series of letters from A to Z plus AA in rows 2 to 10 of columns B to D,

then selected cell B2 (containing "A") by clicking once on that cell.

I then pressed and held the command key and clicked every second cell in columns B, C and D. (The selected cells above can be identified by the blue borders. (Selected cells in column C are in rows where the cells in columns B and D are not selected.),then pressed command-C to Copy the content of the selected cells.

With the cell contents, and the position of each cell in relation to the others, I clicked on cell B11 to select it, then pressed command-V to paste the copied data into that cell and the others located in the same position relative to B11 as the positions of the cells containing the original data relative to cell B2.

To "Move" the originally selected cells (and their contents) to the same locations as seen above could be accomplished by cutting the values (command-X in place of command-C)from the originally selected cells, then repeating the same select B11 and Paste actions as above.

Regards,

Barry

Select and move non adjacent cells in numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.