Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie?

Hi,

I am running a 2012 iMac ver 10.15.7 Catalina. I would like to download iMovie but my Mac is too old for the current version, is there an older version I could download?

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 3:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 7:40 AM

Hi, Mekonó,

Use the procedure below to obtain the highest version of iMovie that Catalina will run. For it to work you must have, or have had but possiby deleted it, iMovie 10 on your Mac.

To update/redownload iMovie 10, drag your iMovie 10 app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the trash. (You can skip that step if you had iMovie 10 on your computer before, but deleted it.) Sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash (if you moved it there) and return it to the Applications folder.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2022 7:40 AM in response to Mekon6

Hi, Mekonó,

Use the procedure below to obtain the highest version of iMovie that Catalina will run. For it to work you must have, or have had but possiby deleted it, iMovie 10 on your Mac.

To update/redownload iMovie 10, drag your iMovie 10 app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the trash. (You can skip that step if you had iMovie 10 on your computer before, but deleted it.) Sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash (if you moved it there) and return it to the Applications folder.

-- Rich

iMovie?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.