Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Battery Health issue?

So I have an Apple Watch Series 7 45MM LTE and I’ve noticed that it’s been dropping 1% battery health every week or so. I gave the 9.02 watchOS update last night and it dropped 1% again. I have optimized charging on and I only use LTE when my iPhone is low on battery (I turned everything off like Wi-Fi and Bluetooth and set it on low power mode and just use the Watch on LTE ) I have an automation set to turn on and off the display on specific time of the day. Any idea what could be happening to my watch? Current battery health is 95% and it was at 99% before the WatchOS 9 update

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 8:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 8:37 AM

How long have you owned your watch? It is normal to see up to 1% - 2% drop in battery health delcine per month of owning your watch. Battery Health is not Linear and you can go a while and not see any drop in health and then you can see more regular drops. A WatchOS update itself does not control Battery Health drop, but CAN recalibrate the Battery Health reading to be more accurate.

Assuming you have owned your watch longer than 5 months, you don't have anything to be concerned about. The fact is Battery Health will decline little by little with every full cycle battery charge and there is no way to stop the natural and normal decline in overall Battery Health.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2022 8:37 AM in response to CristianB6

How long have you owned your watch? It is normal to see up to 1% - 2% drop in battery health delcine per month of owning your watch. Battery Health is not Linear and you can go a while and not see any drop in health and then you can see more regular drops. A WatchOS update itself does not control Battery Health drop, but CAN recalibrate the Battery Health reading to be more accurate.

Assuming you have owned your watch longer than 5 months, you don't have anything to be concerned about. The fact is Battery Health will decline little by little with every full cycle battery charge and there is no way to stop the natural and normal decline in overall Battery Health.

Oct 12, 2022 11:07 AM in response to CristianB6

So you've owned it longer than 5 months and thus, your battery is fine. People tend to worry themselves over Battery Health, which is unfortunate. Before Apple ever gave us the opportunity to check our battery health, our watches battery health declined, but we had no way to see a percentage of decline. Battery Health declines and there is NO way to stop it. So, stop worrying over something which is normal and can't be stopped. When the Battery Health on your watch dips to 80%, it will then be time to either pay for a battery in your watch or buy a new watch.

Apple Watch Battery Health issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.