Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot access my camera on MacBook Pro 13" 2020

I can't access the camera on my MacBook Pro 13" 2020 for PhotoBooth, FaceTime, Zoom, MSTeams... When I start FaceTime, the screen says, "No camera available."

iMac, OS X 10.10

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 12:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 6:43 PM

Usually this indicates a hardware issue with the laptop. Check to see whether the Camera hardware is even listed in the Apple System Profiler. You can access the System Profiler by Option-clicking the Apple menu and selecting the first item. If the camera hardware is not shown here, then it means there is a hardware failure of some sort.

You can try restarting the laptop to see if the camera starts working.

Even if the camera hardware is seen here, it does not mean it is functional. But it does mean you should check the macOS security settings to make sure those apps are allowed to access the camera.

Control access to the camera on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2022 6:43 PM in response to Simply_Larry

Usually this indicates a hardware issue with the laptop. Check to see whether the Camera hardware is even listed in the Apple System Profiler. You can access the System Profiler by Option-clicking the Apple menu and selecting the first item. If the camera hardware is not shown here, then it means there is a hardware failure of some sort.

You can try restarting the laptop to see if the camera starts working.

Even if the camera hardware is seen here, it does not mean it is functional. But it does mean you should check the macOS security settings to make sure those apps are allowed to access the camera.

Control access to the camera on Mac - Apple Support

Cannot access my camera on MacBook Pro 13" 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.