Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Text Messages/Iphone

So I wanted to silence my text messages on my iphone while I am work so I am not disturbed.

Somehow I was able to change the text messages to go to my watch instead of my phone.

It works great while I am at work, but I would like the messages to show up on my phone and

watch when I leave work because I don't always feel the vibration on my watch.

When the phone is locked no text message will show up. However, if I unlock the phone

the messages do appear.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks,

Donna

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 8

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 12:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 9:00 AM

You should read this link which explains the hierarchy of message on iPhone and Apple Watch. When you are wearing your Apple Watch and your iPhone is locked (black screen - not actively in use) notifications arrive at your Apple Watch strapped to your wrist, NOT your iPhone. If your iPhone is on (actively in use) notification arrive on your iPhone. Notifications do not by design appear on both devices at the same time.

If it was somehow showing up on your iPhone and Watch at the same time, that's not how it is designed to work.

Read this for clarification --> Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2022 9:00 AM in response to DankieDonna

You should read this link which explains the hierarchy of message on iPhone and Apple Watch. When you are wearing your Apple Watch and your iPhone is locked (black screen - not actively in use) notifications arrive at your Apple Watch strapped to your wrist, NOT your iPhone. If your iPhone is on (actively in use) notification arrive on your iPhone. Notifications do not by design appear on both devices at the same time.

If it was somehow showing up on your iPhone and Watch at the same time, that's not how it is designed to work.

Read this for clarification --> Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Apple Watch Text Messages/Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.