Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods not playing a sound when lost or found

I just got my new IPhone 14 Pro. I misplaced my AirPods and tried to use the Find My app to find them. I walked through my house and no sound or location came to the screen. I found them on my own. So I went on the internet searching for the answer as to why I was having this problem. I got the IPhone to locate my AirPods on a map, but still no sound is coming from the AirPods.

I was not having this problem with my IPhone 11. What do I need to do to get the Find My app to have my AirPods play a sound so I can find them?

My IOS is up to date on my phone.

My IPad has also found the AirPods, but again, no sound coming from the AirPods. In both cases the AirPods are sitting right next to the other Apples.

Thank for the help!

Suzanne

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 2:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 2:20 PM

usuzanneu Said:

"AirPods not playing a sound when lost or found: I just got my new IPhone 14 Pro. I misplaced my AirPods and tried to use the Find My app to find them. I walked through my house and no sound or location came to the screen. I found them on my own.[...]My IPad has also found the AirPods, but again, no sound coming from the AirPods. In both cases the AirPods are sitting right next to the other Apples.[...]"

------

Use of Find My and AirPods:

Was Find My enabled for these through a device? The location shown in Find My is only the location of the device that these were synced with was itself connected to the Internet. This is because AirPods are not Assigned their own IP Address. Go Here: Keep Track of :Personal Items Using Find My - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2022 2:20 PM in response to usuzanneu

usuzanneu Said:

"AirPods not playing a sound when lost or found: I just got my new IPhone 14 Pro. I misplaced my AirPods and tried to use the Find My app to find them. I walked through my house and no sound or location came to the screen. I found them on my own.[...]My IPad has also found the AirPods, but again, no sound coming from the AirPods. In both cases the AirPods are sitting right next to the other Apples.[...]"

------

Use of Find My and AirPods:

Was Find My enabled for these through a device? The location shown in Find My is only the location of the device that these were synced with was itself connected to the Internet. This is because AirPods are not Assigned their own IP Address. Go Here: Keep Track of :Personal Items Using Find My - Apple Support

Oct 12, 2022 4:03 PM in response to TheLittles

All the Apples were on the same WI-FI. I have used my IPhone 11 many times to find my AirPods and it always worked. And the AirPods always played a tune.

The new phone was not deliberately synced, by me, to the AirPods . However, once it was and the location showed up, the AirPods still didn’t make a sound, and they were sitting right there. Same experience with my iPad. Not sure what has changed.

The message is ‘sound pending…Will play when connected’ and Play Sound connecting…

I checked out the Support link.

Thanks for your help.

AirPods not playing a sound when lost or found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.