Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPod static and crackling noise

My AirPod pros have developed a crackle and static in both. I have the most recent firmware on my Apple phone. Any suggestions?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 4:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 4:40 PM

Marinefrogpilot Said:

"AirPod static and crackling noise: My AirPod pros have developed a crackle and static in both. I have the most recent firmware on my Apple phone. Any suggestions?"

-------

Troubleshooting Static/Crackling AirPods:

Interference:

It may be interference that getting in the way here. 

Some Links in Regards to Interference:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2022 4:40 PM in response to Marinefrogpilot

Marinefrogpilot Said:

"AirPod static and crackling noise: My AirPod pros have developed a crackle and static in both. I have the most recent firmware on my Apple phone. Any suggestions?"

-------

Troubleshooting Static/Crackling AirPods:

Interference:

It may be interference that getting in the way here. 

Some Links in Regards to Interference:

Oct 13, 2022 11:12 AM in response to Marinefrogpilot

My APPG1 have the same issue. Apple did issue a Service Program that covers APPG1 made prior to October 2020, but since mine were made in January 2021, Apple insists they're not part of the recall - despite the various techs that I worked with saying this is obviously the same problem the Service Program was designed to address.

Anyway, my tale of woe aside, it won't cost you anything to open up a service request via chat and have them step you through unpairing, repairing, resetting, etc. If they're covered under warranty or covered under the Service Program, you can mail them in and get a replacement pair. If neither apply you might try your luck with getting a Genius Bar appointment. Some folks have said that the Genius Bar folks recognize this to be a bigger issue than what Apple is admitting and swapping them out.

Good luck

AirPod static and crackling noise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.