Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPad not able to send SMS on Messages

My old iPad can but my new iPad can’t. I have checked all the settings and they are identical on both iPads. They are both connected to my iPhone. Is this just a glitch in the Matrix?

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 6:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 5:34 AM

This doesn't specifically answer my question. I did finally figure it out with a bit more research. What I had failed to do, and this is a critical, was to set up my iPhone to do Text Message Forwarding to my new iPad. Go to Settings > Messages > scroll down to Text Message Forwarding > find my new iPad in the list of devices and make sure the switch is toggled on. And voila!

(Your second link "try out this one" may have addressed the problem but the link didn't work.)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2022 5:34 AM in response to drake211

This doesn't specifically answer my question. I did finally figure it out with a bit more research. What I had failed to do, and this is a critical, was to set up my iPhone to do Text Message Forwarding to my new iPad. Go to Settings > Messages > scroll down to Text Message Forwarding > find my new iPad in the list of devices and make sure the switch is toggled on. And voila!

(Your second link "try out this one" may have addressed the problem but the link didn't work.)

New iPad not able to send SMS on Messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.