Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone default calling FaceTime instead of mobile

I’ve seen a couple of questions similar to mine, but not recently enough that the suggested “fixes” worked. When I press on a contact in my Favorites list, it usually makes a regular phone call. However, for 1 contact it makes a FaceTime audio call and for another contact it opens messages. I can’t figure out how to change this. Help!

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 8:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 4:25 PM

Greetings MomsyX8,

To help troubleshoot the behavior, test after re-creating the contacts that aren't being called to their mobile number as expected.

You can see how to delete a contact here: Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

"Delete a contact

When you delete a contact, it permanently deletes it from your device. And if you delete a contact from your email account, you also permanently delete the contact from all devices signed into that email account.

Here's how to delete a contact:

1. Open Contacts and tap the contact that you want to delete.
  2. Tap Edit.
  3. Scroll Down and tap Delete Contact then tap Delete Contact again to confirm."

After the contact is deleted, add it back and see if the issue persists: Add and use contact information on iPhone - Apple Support

Let us know if that helps.

Kind regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2022 4:25 PM in response to MomsyX8

Greetings MomsyX8,

To help troubleshoot the behavior, test after re-creating the contacts that aren't being called to their mobile number as expected.

You can see how to delete a contact here: Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

"Delete a contact

When you delete a contact, it permanently deletes it from your device. And if you delete a contact from your email account, you also permanently delete the contact from all devices signed into that email account.

Here's how to delete a contact:

1. Open Contacts and tap the contact that you want to delete.
  2. Tap Edit.
  3. Scroll Down and tap Delete Contact then tap Delete Contact again to confirm."

After the contact is deleted, add it back and see if the issue persists: Add and use contact information on iPhone - Apple Support

Let us know if that helps.

Kind regards.

iPhone default calling FaceTime instead of mobile

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.