Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant login into appstore

I updated to iOS16 & logging into appstore to download apps has been a problem. On the log in screen it tells me to put my apple iD instead the text box that appears is for password. Whether i put my password or apple iD it doesnt work

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 12, 2022 9:32 PM

3 replies

Oct 13, 2022 4:42 PM in response to Count22

Hello Count22,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with logging in. Have you tried restarting your iPhone? This simple step resolves a multitude of issues: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

"How to restart your iPhone X, 11, 12, 13, or later

Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears.

Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.

To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of your iPhone) until you see the Apple logo."

If that doesn't resolve the issue, does your iPhone need updating to iOS 16.0.3? Do you have a recent backup for the data in your iPhone in iCloud or your computer? If not, we recommend that you create one as described here: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Then update your iOS as outlined here: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Oct 14, 2022 1:15 PM in response to Count22

Hey Count22,

Thanks for reaching back out. Try signing in using a browser on a computer and see if it allows you log in with the Apple ID and password without an issue: Manage your Apple ID. If you run into an issue with the password, go ahead and follow the steps to reset it here: If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Once signed in, go back to Settings on the iPhone to try signing in again.

Keep us updated!

Cant login into appstore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.