Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Create a Bootable USB Stick for an old 2008 iMac

Hey!

I have an old iMac from 2008 with Windows 7 installed over Boot Camp. Now I want to reinstall OS X because somehow the OS X Partition got deleted. I also tried to open the Recovery partition, but it wouldn't work because there isn't one on older iMac's. I also lost my DVD with OS X sooo im kind of screwed... Now I want to create a Bootable USB Stick to later plug into my iMac to then install OS X again. My Question is, how do I do that? I watched tons of videos, but they don't seem to help. How can I create a Bootable OS X USB Stick in Disk Utility on my MacBook Pro from 2018 with macOS Monterey?

Otero

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 3:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 9:43 AM

Unfortunately, I'm afraid that's not possible. The bootable device you make must be able to run the version of macOS you want to put on it. As the earliest macOS version for your 2018 MacBook Pro is Mojave, it's not early enough to make the bootable installer.

Similar questions

1 reply

Create a Bootable USB Stick for an old 2008 iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.