Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch stopped recording location of workouts

My Apple Watch used to record the location of my workouts, so I could see a map of where the workout took place in the fitness app. The other day I had to reset my location settings on my iPhone to fix a problem with Disney+ and since then my workouts haven’t been recording location. I’ve checked all the location settings for fitness and maps etc are on under location settings on my iPhone. I think the problem is that the location settings on my Apple Watch for Apple workouts is set to “ask or when I share”, however on my watch the option to change it to “while using the app” is greyed out. The Apple Watch workout app doesn’t appear as an option on location settings on my Apple Watch app on my iPhone or the settings on my iPhone so I don’t know how I’m supposed to be able to change the settings to get locations back on my workouts?

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 1:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 2:00 PM

To see the map, you must turn on route tracking. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services,turn location services on then tap Apple Watch Workout, then tap While Using the App.

Then tap on maps then tap While using the app.

Then tap on System Services and turn on motion calibration and distance.

Another place to check is on the watch in settings/privacy/Location Services and make sure this is turned on and scroll down to apple watch workout and select while using the app.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2022 2:00 PM in response to Hooper321

To see the map, you must turn on route tracking. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services,turn location services on then tap Apple Watch Workout, then tap While Using the App.

Then tap on maps then tap While using the app.

Then tap on System Services and turn on motion calibration and distance.

Another place to check is on the watch in settings/privacy/Location Services and make sure this is turned on and scroll down to apple watch workout and select while using the app.

Apple Watch stopped recording location of workouts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.