You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhones with eSim from US not working in India.

I've bought an unlocked version of iPhone 14 pro max from US and unable to add Jio eSim in India. I've visited several times to Apple Store as well as Jio stores in Hyderabad and no one able to resolve my issue.

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 3:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2022 7:27 AM

The message on your iPhone is pretty clear. Despite what you thought you were buying, that device IS carrier locked. That’s what that message means - the use of an alternate carrier is being blocked because that device is carrier locked. You’d have to get it unlocked from the carrier it is locked to in order to use it with a different carrier.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 18, 2022 7:27 AM in response to Hameed owaise

The message on your iPhone is pretty clear. Despite what you thought you were buying, that device IS carrier locked. That’s what that message means - the use of an alternate carrier is being blocked because that device is carrier locked. You’d have to get it unlocked from the carrier it is locked to in order to use it with a different carrier.

iPhones with eSim from US not working in India.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.