Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use the space on my iPhone instead of iCloud

I got an iPhone 14 pro max with 256 gigs of space so I could keep all my videos and photos on the device I never wanted to use iCloud or any other drive. Like what’s the point of having all this space on the **** phone if I can’t use it to store all my photos and videos??!! Seriously ??!!

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 5:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 5:49 PM

iCloud is a syncing service not an offsite repository. See What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support.

If you have everything on your device and are not using services such as iCloud Photos make sure you back it up to a computer. Regularly.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch with your Mac

How to back up your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iTunes on your PC

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2022 5:49 PM in response to Thunderfoot7814

iCloud is a syncing service not an offsite repository. See What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support.

If you have everything on your device and are not using services such as iCloud Photos make sure you back it up to a computer. Regularly.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch with your Mac

How to back up your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iTunes on your PC

Oct 13, 2022 6:29 PM in response to Thunderfoot7814

To be fair, you didn't indicate that you had your images on Google Photos or Google Drive. You'll likely need to download those apps on your device to download your photos. https://support.google.com/photos/answer/7652919?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DiOS

If you no longer wish to sync with iCloud, turn it off. Settings > Photos. Be sure that you have downloaded your full-resolution images first.

How to use the space on my iPhone instead of iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.