Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where is my desktop?

where is my desktop?

it is now showing on my computer. the files sometimes after some time show up, but not immediately. ???????? can often double click and pictures screen pictures or files open up and appear.

it's like someone is working to steal my identity?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 10:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 9:31 AM

Not too likely hacking.

Start with this...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes or more.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2022 9:31 AM in response to ImHavingMyPhotosStolen1Half

Not too likely hacking.

Start with this...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes or more.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Oct 15, 2022 10:21 PM in response to ImHavingMyPhotosStolen1Half

how does safe boot function normally.... i see a red "safe boot" in the upper right of the screen appear.... then it goes away.

the image of my original photo of deer and tail lights appears (my original picture), as if my mac is really at my functional desk top but not files can be accessed or visibly show up.

Oct 15, 2022 11:06 PM in response to BDAqua

? unsure if i have restarted without holding any keys down... what would that do? i followed your instruction... it eventually showed a red letter message "safe boot", then the screen proceded to my desktop (my original picture of blurry deer and some blurry taillights), which appears on my desktop... but no access to files invisible files on screen that are sometimes there.

i can sometimes create a new folder and get to files by accessing them that way.

if i create a new folder, then select recent, it allows me access to my files that were on my computer.

where is my desktop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.