You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove a custom icon app?

I looked in my shortcuts and couldn’t find anything. Looked through the community and all the related topics were dated so I feel like I must be missing something here. Bottom line is there’s no minus sign to remove it from the Home Screen.

I’m not really sure what I can do at this point, would very much appreciate the help :)

Posted on Oct 13, 2022 10:38 PM

10 replies

Oct 14, 2022 3:47 AM in response to Copleyfox

You’ll need to provide a little more information about the nature of the problem.

How did you introduce your “custom App icon” to your Home Screen? Does the App icon relate to an installable App from the App Store - or is something that you have created? Where you experimenting with the Shortcuts App - possibly installing a shortcut icon?

Posting a screenshot here may help you to both explain the issue in sufficient detail - and for contributors to better under the problem.

Before posting a screenshot, be sure to redact any personal or sensitive information using the iPad’s markup feature.

Take a screenshot on your iPad - Apple Support

You can post your screenshot using the image button at the bottom of the message window:

How to remove a custom icon app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.