Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync-ing my iPhone SE with my Macbook Air wirelessly

Can I sync my iPhone SE with my Macbook Air wirelessly as it doesn't do it at the moment

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 6:06 AM

1 reply

Oct 15, 2022 12:12 PM in response to kTheld

Hi kTheld,

Provided the requirements are met for your iPhone and Mac, wireless sync is supported between the two devices.

See more info here: Sync content between your Mac and iPhone or iPad over Wi-Fi

"You can sync your Mac and device when they’re connected over same Wi-Fi network. To set up Wi-Fi syncing, first connect your device to your Mac using a USB or USB-C cable. You then turn on Wi-Fi syncing and choose the settings you want. Whenever your device connects to your Mac over Wi-Fi, you can select it in the sidebar and sync it. (You can turn on automatic syncing if you want.) Your device must have iOS 5 or later or iPadOS 13 or later.

See Intro to syncing your Mac and your devices.

1. Connect your device to your Mac using a USB or USB-C cable.
  2. In the Finder  on your Mac, select the device in the Finder sidebar.
  3. A device selected in the Finder sidebar.
  4. If you connect your device to your Mac using a USB cable and don’t see the device in the Finder sidebar, see If your device doesn’t appear in the sidebar
  5. Click General in the button bar.
  6. The button bar showing General selected.
  7. Select the “Show this [device] when on Wi-Fi” checkbox.
  8. The syncing options for manually managing content items.
  9. Use the button bar to turn on and select sync settings.
  10. Click Apply."

If you are unable to see these options or sync properly, we'd recommend ensuring your Mac is fully updated. At least to macOS Catalina in order to use wireless sync.

Cheers!

Sync-ing my iPhone SE with my Macbook Air wirelessly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.