Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please How can I use my iCloud storage?

Please how can I use my iCloud storage?

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 11:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 11:21 AM

You use iCloud storage for backups, and for syncing data between devices. Here is an explanation→What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

iCloud+ has 2 independent functions. iCloud backups, and iCloud sync. It’s confusing because they both have the same name prefix. But they have no connection with each other. Go to Settings/[your name]/iCloud. You will see a bunch of switches (with iOS 16 also tap Show All). When you turn on a switch that data type will sync to iCloud. If you do this on multiple devices that share an Apple ID the selected data will sync to all of those devices. 

You can also turn on iCloud Backups. This will back up your phone every night if the phone is plugged in, connected to Wi-Fi and locked.

But note that anything that you sync by the first method will be excluded from the iCloud backups.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2022 11:21 AM in response to hafsat32

You use iCloud storage for backups, and for syncing data between devices. Here is an explanation→What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

iCloud+ has 2 independent functions. iCloud backups, and iCloud sync. It’s confusing because they both have the same name prefix. But they have no connection with each other. Go to Settings/[your name]/iCloud. You will see a bunch of switches (with iOS 16 also tap Show All). When you turn on a switch that data type will sync to iCloud. If you do this on multiple devices that share an Apple ID the selected data will sync to all of those devices. 

You can also turn on iCloud Backups. This will back up your phone every night if the phone is plugged in, connected to Wi-Fi and locked.

But note that anything that you sync by the first method will be excluded from the iCloud backups.

Please How can I use my iCloud storage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.