Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My I phone connects to the Internet at home but not when I am away from my house

What settings do I need to check if my phone is fine at home but won't connect to the internet when I am away from my house. It was working find but in the last week I've been unable to use Google maps, Waze or even text and it all says because I have no internet connection

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 12:40 PM

When you are away from Home, you use Public Wi-Fi, see -> Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support (UK)

Nowadays, Public Wi-Fi is offered for free, in big cities, hotels, shopping centers, in Public Transport (bus & train), airport, restaurants and others.

That depends on where you live.

If at the moment you are away from home and there is no Public Wi-Fi, you have to use Mobile Data, for sure go to -> Settings -> Mobile network -> Mobile Data -> ON.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2022 12:40 PM in response to Technicalchallenge56

When you are away from Home, you use Public Wi-Fi, see -> Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support (UK)

Nowadays, Public Wi-Fi is offered for free, in big cities, hotels, shopping centers, in Public Transport (bus & train), airport, restaurants and others.

That depends on where you live.

If at the moment you are away from home and there is no Public Wi-Fi, you have to use Mobile Data, for sure go to -> Settings -> Mobile network -> Mobile Data -> ON.

My I phone connects to the Internet at home but not when I am away from my house

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.