Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Pad Calendar Spam Events

The calendar on my iPad has been loaded with fake events attached to calendar that was inserted, and can't be deleted, removed or changed. It hasn't traveled yet to iCloud or my other devices. Even Apple Support doesn't know what to do. Since it isn't in iCloud I can't go there and report it as junk and remove it. Has anyone else had this experience and have you been able to remove it? It is a virus or just spam? I use my iPad all the time and don't know how to handle this. The only thing I can do is turn off this calendar that has been inserted so I don't see the events. I am afraid to click on the events for fear they are Mal Ware.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 12:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2022 6:23 AM

It is highly probable that an inadvertent click on a website link has “subscribed” an additional (unwanted) Calendar to your device - and this unexpected Calendar is exposing unwanted calendar events, potentially sending you unexpected “virus” or other warnings. 

Given that infecting a non-jailbroken iPad/iPhone with actual malware is incredibly difficult, this technique is employed by malicious Actors to fool or encourage you into doing something untoward - more often than not, parting with personal or financial information leading to fraud or attempted extortion.

Let’s check for what’s out of place...

Settings > Passwords and Accounts

Look for an “account” that shouldn’t be in the list of accounts - as this will likely include the Calendar that contains all the unwanted events. When you find the suspect account, tap - then select Delete Account. This should resolve the problem in its entirety.

I hope you find this helpful in finding the source - and in resolving the issue if an unexpected Calendar is found

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2022 6:23 AM in response to JohnLassly94

It is highly probable that an inadvertent click on a website link has “subscribed” an additional (unwanted) Calendar to your device - and this unexpected Calendar is exposing unwanted calendar events, potentially sending you unexpected “virus” or other warnings. 

Given that infecting a non-jailbroken iPad/iPhone with actual malware is incredibly difficult, this technique is employed by malicious Actors to fool or encourage you into doing something untoward - more often than not, parting with personal or financial information leading to fraud or attempted extortion.

Let’s check for what’s out of place...

Settings > Passwords and Accounts

Look for an “account” that shouldn’t be in the list of accounts - as this will likely include the Calendar that contains all the unwanted events. When you find the suspect account, tap - then select Delete Account. This should resolve the problem in its entirety.

I hope you find this helpful in finding the source - and in resolving the issue if an unexpected Calendar is found

I Pad Calendar Spam Events

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.