Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant upgrade my late 2011 MacBook PRO from OS X Yosemite10.10.5 to anything higher

Trying to update my Late 2011 MacBook pro so I can do school work but it will not allow me with the version I have now. When I try to update to high sierra it sends a message saying it's too dangerous.

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 5:58 PM

6 replies

Oct 14, 2022 6:34 PM in response to Brently1989

Brently1989 Said:

"Cant upgrade my late 2011 MacBook PRO from OS X Yosemite10.10.5 to anything higher: Now it's saying this"

-------

For reference...

Determining which Update(s) will Install:

I. Verify Compatibility:

A. Start Here: Learn About Compatibility and how to Identify your Specific Mac Model - Apple Support

B. How to Verify:

II. Reveal your Model:

What is the Model of your Mac? To find out...

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Click: About this Mac
  3. View: Second Line-Down

then...

II. Compare the Results:

See if the Model you found is shown here:

III. If Compatible:

Oct 14, 2022 6:08 PM in response to Brently1989

Brently1989 Said:

"Cant upgrade my late 2011 MacBook PRO from OS X Yosemite10.10.5 to anything higher: Trying to update my Late 2011 MacBook pro so I can do school work but it will not allow me with the version I have now. When I try to update to high sierra it sends a message saying it's too dangerous."

-------

"Too dangers" Message:

Strange. Please provide a photo or a screenshot of your screen. Block out personal info (i.e. names and phone numbers): Take a Screenshot on your Mac - Apple Support

Cant upgrade my late 2011 MacBook PRO from OS X Yosemite10.10.5 to anything higher

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.