Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Folder in iCloud has dotted cloud icon next to it

I don't normally use iCloud but I tried to start. The iCloud drive is there in my Finder. I created a folder in it from within the Finder and put some files in it which I then deleted. I am talking about from on my Mac in the Finder, not on iCloud.com. Ever since I deleted those files, the folder has a dotted cloud icon next to it to the right. I am not sure why this is. Does anyone know how why and how I can fix it?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 7:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2022 12:34 AM

See the article Get file, folder and disk information on Mac – Apple Support

• Waiting to Upload: The Waiting to Upload status icon  indicates that the folder or file is not yet stored in iCloud.

Turn on iCloud Drive and desktops and documents Use iCloud Drive to store documents on your Mac and iOS devices - Apple Support

3 replies

Oct 15, 2022 8:34 AM in response to tygb

Thanks for the reply but this does not fix the issue. The files are not waiting to upload, they were already uploaded and then I deleted them from the folder – that is when the dotted cloud icon appeared. I also went to icloud.com and permanently deleted the files but the dotted iCloud icon is still there. iCloud is already turned on in System Preferences.

I did find this but I am not a developer.

iCloud for Mac is stuck on "waitin… | Apple Developer Forums

Oct 15, 2022 4:27 PM in response to fantazal

Hi fantazal,

Since I started using iCloud Drive earlier this year, I've been seeing issues similar to the one you reported. I've found several references to this problem in this and others forums, but no definitive solution. Just a few tips that minimize the problem. It looks like it's some bug in the OS. I posted other details here: File uploaded in iCloud drive, but folder… - Apple Community.

I hope Apple fixes this problem soon.

Luiz

Folder in iCloud has dotted cloud icon next to it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.