Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why isn’t my phone updating?

Why does my phone keep saying update request failed?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 8:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 8:30 PM

Thanks for posting the screenshot. You are getting that error during update because your iPhone is in Low Power Mode and your battery may not be sufficiently charged.

1. Ensure that your iPhone remains connected to a Wi-Fi Network
  2. Ensure that Low Power Mode is set to OFF.
  3. Ensure that your batter is charged more than 50% (You should leave your iPhone connected to electrical power to be certain)

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2022 8:30 PM in response to nelida215

Thanks for posting the screenshot. You are getting that error during update because your iPhone is in Low Power Mode and your battery may not be sufficiently charged.

1. Ensure that your iPhone remains connected to a Wi-Fi Network
  2. Ensure that Low Power Mode is set to OFF.
  3. Ensure that your batter is charged more than 50% (You should leave your iPhone connected to electrical power to be certain)

Axel F.

Oct 15, 2022 9:00 AM in response to nelida215

Make sure that your iPhone is setup to meet the following requirements before you attempt to update the iOS version over a Wi-Fi Network. Open Settings ➡️ General ➡️ Software Update: If there is an update available for your iPhone then it will be listed here. Follow the on-screen instructions to download and update your iPhone. 

• Your iPhone must have a fast Wi-Fi connection; you cannot update over cellular data or a cellular hotspot
  • The iPhone can not be in Low Power mode
  • The battery state of charge must be above 50%
  • Your iPhone must have at least 6GB or more free storage space
  • Your iPhone cannot be connected through VPN
  • You should leave the phone plugged in until it finishes updating, both to assure that it remains above 50% and to keep Wi-Fi enabled (Wi-Fi turns off when the phone sleeps if not connected to power).

Axel F.

Why isn’t my phone updating?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.