You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 14 Pro Shattered Camera Lens

Dear Community Members,

I brought a new 14 pro 2 days back, Accidentally the phone fell into my hand and the primary camera lens snapped.

My phone is not included in an Apple care Program.

I visit the Licensed apple service center near me, They told me they would replace the entire Trunk and it costs me half of a new phone rate.

I am seeking an alternative solution.

if any one has a solution, Please feel free to share it with me here.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 10:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2022 11:14 AM

My 14 pro max also has a cracked camera lens but I haven’t dropped it…yet. Possibly cracked due to stress of being in back pocket? Seems ridiculous but ok. I have AppleCare+ but I’m curious if they can/will repair it at the Apple Store or if I’ll be getting a replacement phone. Thoughts?

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 19, 2022 11:14 AM in response to KaeBFly

My 14 pro max also has a cracked camera lens but I haven’t dropped it…yet. Possibly cracked due to stress of being in back pocket? Seems ridiculous but ok. I have AppleCare+ but I’m curious if they can/will repair it at the Apple Store or if I’ll be getting a replacement phone. Thoughts?

Oct 19, 2022 11:41 AM in response to Cwingart

It is because of the way the camera system is attached to the frame and how the pressure is applied. How is your physics and engineering knowledge?

It will depend on the Apple Store as to whether they can replace the camera. Make your appointment and ask them. If they do have to replace it then you will receive a service replacement unit which can be new and can be refurbished. At this point in time with a 14 Pro Max the odds are extremely high that it will be a new one.

Oct 19, 2022 11:35 AM in response to deggie

I get that being in a back pocket can stress the frame and ultimately the front/back glass…but only a single cracked camera lens and no other damage? I have a hard time following, but that doesn’t mean it’s not possible so let’s assume that’s the case. Can they not repair just the camera lens instead of replacing the entire phone? And will it be a refurb phone? Again, I’m just curious about the repair or replace process. I appreciate the help!

Oct 19, 2022 11:17 AM in response to Cwingart

No, it doesn't seem ridiculous at all, sitting on your iPhone puts stress on the frame that exceeds what it is rated for and depending on ambient conditions can cause glass to break. If you put it in your pick with the camera side down it is even worse.

They will have to replace your iPhone so make sure you have a backup.

iPhone 14 Pro Shattered Camera Lens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.