Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add my city transit card to the Apple Wallet

Hello,

My city just recently released a transit card. Unfortunately the card is not available in the list provided within the Apple Wallet.

What is the process for adding a transit card to the list in the Apple Wallet?

Thank you!

Posted on Oct 14, 2022 11:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2022 12:37 AM

You city would be what, exactly?

The number of locations with transport cards which can be loaded to Wallet is family small. If you follow the instructions in Add a transit card to Apple Wallet you will see that most of them are in China, with one in Hong Kong, two in Japan and three in the United States - where I suspect you might be located:

• Clipper (San Francisco)
  • SmarTrip (Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia)
  • TAP (Los Angeles)

Additionally, it's possible to use Apple Pay in other transport networks. See Where you can travel on public transport using Apple Pay.

*Just as an additional note: you can use a Clipper card lodged in the Wallet app in an iPhone on a Caltrain service to get to a station close to Apple Park - though you'd need a taxi to get to the visitor's centre from the train.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2022 12:37 AM in response to Calinatozaur

You city would be what, exactly?

The number of locations with transport cards which can be loaded to Wallet is family small. If you follow the instructions in Add a transit card to Apple Wallet you will see that most of them are in China, with one in Hong Kong, two in Japan and three in the United States - where I suspect you might be located:

• Clipper (San Francisco)
  • SmarTrip (Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia)
  • TAP (Los Angeles)

Additionally, it's possible to use Apple Pay in other transport networks. See Where you can travel on public transport using Apple Pay.

*Just as an additional note: you can use a Clipper card lodged in the Wallet app in an iPhone on a Caltrain service to get to a station close to Apple Park - though you'd need a taxi to get to the visitor's centre from the train.

How to add my city transit card to the Apple Wallet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.