Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I bypass the original apple ID and password, if I had just bought my iphone, to unlock it?

If I had just purchased an iPhone 7 from a friend, and I am going about setting the phone up, however it is asking me for the original Apple ID and password. How can I bypass that information? The original owner of the phone has passed away and nobody knows the information.

Posted on Oct 15, 2022 6:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2022 6:23 AM

You can't. It's activation locked. You will need the password and the Apple ID.

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Remove Activation Lock on the device.

Follow the onscreen steps to enter the Apple ID and password...[used to set up the device].

Or, if you have the original sales receipt:

Start a support request

If you need help removing Activation Lock and have proof of purchase documentation, you can start an Activation Lock support request.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2022 6:23 AM in response to Buddy8184

You can't. It's activation locked. You will need the password and the Apple ID.

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Remove Activation Lock on the device.

Follow the onscreen steps to enter the Apple ID and password...[used to set up the device].

Or, if you have the original sales receipt:

Start a support request

If you need help removing Activation Lock and have proof of purchase documentation, you can start an Activation Lock support request.

How can I bypass the original apple ID and password, if I had just bought my iphone, to unlock it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.