Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Time request via iMessage?

I remember during the iOS reveal this was a feature that was announced with purchase requests and extra screen time permission requests being sent through iMessage. I thought this was a feature that was being added with iOS16 however I don’t know how to enable this. Does anyone else know or was this feature delayed? Thank you.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 16, 2022 7:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 7:29 PM

I figured out my issue. The requests go to my Apple ID email. On my phone, I only had iMessage to my cell phone number. Once I went in and clicked on the Apple ID email too, I am now getting the screen requests via iMessage!

3 replies

Oct 17, 2022 1:47 PM in response to WillfromSmallville

Hi WillfromSmallville,

The ability to approve Screen Time requests was added and is functional as outlined here: Set up Screen Time for a family member on iPhone - Apple Support

"If your child requests more screen time, you can approve or decline the request in Settings > Screen Time or in Messages."

Are you still able to approve the requests via Settings > Screen Time? Are both devices on iOS 16?

Let us know and we'll continue from there.

Cheers!

Screen Time request via iMessage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.