Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ICloud back up didn’t restore all my images. Need help

I made an iCloud backup and then factory reset my phone, hoping that I’ll get all my pictures back after the reset from my iCloud backup but it only returned a small amount of pictures and I’ve lost a lot of them. Is there any way I can get them back?

I dont know why only a few of them were restored but a large amount went missing.

I had enough space on my iCloud.

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 16, 2022 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2022 11:30 AM

Were you syncing photos to iCloud using iCloud Photos? Visit iCloud.com/photos to see all photos available to you. It will take some time to download.

If you did not use iCloud Photos, all of your pictures are then saved as part of your backup.

2 replies

Oct 16, 2022 9:20 PM in response to muguy

I was using Icloud photos.

My phone said originally that my backup would be about 15gb, but now its showing up as only 5gb after my reset (so I guess it didn't back up all my photos :( . I checked icloud/photos and its showing a sub set of all my pictures too.

I had put it on backup the night before (I did my reset) and it said back up successful when I woke up. Then I went and did the factory reset, but it seems unfortunately now that it wasn't a full/complete backup.

So sad. Is there any possible way of restoring them?

And if not, I guess people should go check their icloud.com/photos section before doing the resets.

ICloud back up didn’t restore all my images. Need help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.