Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Parental control on chrome browser

I want to have parental control over chrome browser. From screen time, I can block a specific website that kids have access to as long as it’s from safari but you can’t do that for chrome. I know I can block entire chrome browser app but kids need chrome for school. So I want to restrict certain websites (like sports & games…) on chrome while allowing school related websites like canvas. I know some parents asked this before but does anyone know how to do it?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 16, 2022 4:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2022 4:19 PM

This might seem like more than you asked for, but DO familiarize yourself w/ the following:

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Create an Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Move a child to another group using Family Sharing - Apple Support

Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support

I’d suggest in addition to obvious time limits, app access, and content screening, to ALSO restrict your child from: 1) Changing their Passcode, AND 2) Changing their Account.

(Both are contained in “Other Settings and Features”)

You child doesn’t even need to KNOW their AppleID password for quite some time, and you don’t want them changing their device passcode because that will lock YOU out of their device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2022 4:19 PM in response to mari265

This might seem like more than you asked for, but DO familiarize yourself w/ the following:

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Create an Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Move a child to another group using Family Sharing - Apple Support

Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support

I’d suggest in addition to obvious time limits, app access, and content screening, to ALSO restrict your child from: 1) Changing their Passcode, AND 2) Changing their Account.

(Both are contained in “Other Settings and Features”)

You child doesn’t even need to KNOW their AppleID password for quite some time, and you don’t want them changing their device passcode because that will lock YOU out of their device.

Parental control on chrome browser

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.