Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

downloading is not working for the software update

I am trying to downloaded into my iPhone 7 Plus's software update is not working

iPhone 12

Posted on Oct 16, 2022 7:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2022 7:55 PM

noelani145 Said:

"I am trying to downloaded into my iPhone 7 Plus's software update is not working"

-------

iOS Update Restrictions:

You Can't. Updating an iPhone 7 Plus would only be restricted to iOS (iOS15). iOS 16 is not an option for your model.

For reference...

Update Using a Computer:

1. Back Up First:

IMPORTANT: If you have an option to update, however, then be certain you backup your iPhone first. That way, you will have something to restore your iPhone from should anything go wrong with the update

then...

2. Proceed with the Update:

Go Here:  Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2022 7:55 PM in response to noelani145

noelani145 Said:

"I am trying to downloaded into my iPhone 7 Plus's software update is not working"

-------

iOS Update Restrictions:

You Can't. Updating an iPhone 7 Plus would only be restricted to iOS (iOS15). iOS 16 is not an option for your model.

For reference...

Update Using a Computer:

1. Back Up First:

IMPORTANT: If you have an option to update, however, then be certain you backup your iPhone first. That way, you will have something to restore your iPhone from should anything go wrong with the update

then...

2. Proceed with the Update:

Go Here:  Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

downloading is not working for the software update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.