Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone number failing

I just swapped from Verizon to AT&T today and upgraded my phone to the 14. I just noticed that my phone number isn’t activated for messages and FaceTime. It won’t let me activate it and saying there’s an errror. How can I fix this????

iPhone 14

Posted on Oct 16, 2022 8:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2022 8:14 PM

bailee36 Said:

"Phone number failing: I just swapped from Verizon to AT&T today and upgraded my phone to the 14. I just noticed that my phone number isn’t activated for messages and FaceTime. It won’t let me activate it and saying there’s an errror. How can I fix this????"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Troubleshooting iMessage Activation:

A. Try Setting it Up Correctly:

Go Here: Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

B. Enable Messages in ScreenTime:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Screen Time
  3. Tap: Allowed Apps
  4. Tap: Messages (So it is in "ALLOWED APPS")

C. Go Here: If you can’t Turn On or Sign In to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

No success?....

D. Whom to Contact:

Contact your Carrier, as they are the one who provide you with the service of Messaging.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2022 8:14 PM in response to bailee36

bailee36 Said:

"Phone number failing: I just swapped from Verizon to AT&T today and upgraded my phone to the 14. I just noticed that my phone number isn’t activated for messages and FaceTime. It won’t let me activate it and saying there’s an errror. How can I fix this????"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Troubleshooting iMessage Activation:

A. Try Setting it Up Correctly:

Go Here: Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

B. Enable Messages in ScreenTime:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Screen Time
  3. Tap: Allowed Apps
  4. Tap: Messages (So it is in "ALLOWED APPS")

C. Go Here: If you can’t Turn On or Sign In to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

No success?....

D. Whom to Contact:

Contact your Carrier, as they are the one who provide you with the service of Messaging.

Phone number failing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.