Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’ve gotten fake AirPods as a gift it lights blue but looks EXCALLY like the AirPods 3 should I still be able to use them on iPhone ?

Posted on Oct 16, 2022 8:58 PM

6 replies

Oct 16, 2022 9:03 PM in response to Anthony_Iphone13user

Anthony_Iphone13user Said:

"I’ve gotten fake AirPods as a gift it lights blue but looks EXCALLY like the AirPods 3 should I still be able to use them on iPhone ?"

-------

Thank you for the photo.

What makes you so certain they are fake(ungenuine)?

Verifying Genuine AirPods:

1. Get the Serial Number: Find the Serial Number of your AirPods - Apple Support
  2. Enter the Serial Number here: https://checkcoverage.apple.com/.
  3. View the Results: If all shows up as an AirPod, then you are fine. If not, then these are fake, and that is likely why you are getting this message.

Oct 16, 2022 9:27 PM in response to Anthony_Iphone13user

Anthony_Iphone13user Said:

"question am I still able to use them without being hacked or anything that’s not supposed to happen?"

-------

Trash These:

If these are fake, then someone will see you at your location. AirPods are not assigned their own IP address. So, with that being the case, the location they are seen at is that of the last device they were paired with that itself was connected to the Internet.

I’ve gotten fake AirPods as a gift it lights blue but looks EXCALLY like the AirPods 3 should I still be able to use them on iPhone ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.