Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

using iPad Pro as a second display for my MacBook Pro

I have iPad Pro (11-inch) software version 15.7 and a MacBook Pro (13-inch,2020) macOS Monterey version 12.2.1. I'm trying to use the iPad as a second displace each devise have different Apple ID . tried connecting it throw bluetooth a message keeps coming up on my iPad "connection unsuccessful make sure "MacBook pro" is turned on and on range" tried multiple times. also, trying using USB-C that also not work. Please tell me there is a way without connect both devise to the same Apple ID

MacBook, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 17, 2022 3:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2022 4:04 AM

Apple Sidecar functionality appears to require that both the Mac and iPad are signed-in to iCloud with the same AppleID. If you cannot meet this system and software requirement, you’ll be unable to use Sidecar.

Use an iPad as a second display for a Mac - Apple Support

If you are unable use Sidecar, perhaps one of the available third-party alternatives may be more suited to your needs. Perhaps consider Duet - which can be used to extend a Windows PC or Mac display to an iPad via a wired or wireless connection:

https://www.duetdisplay.com/

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2022 4:04 AM in response to shaden112

Apple Sidecar functionality appears to require that both the Mac and iPad are signed-in to iCloud with the same AppleID. If you cannot meet this system and software requirement, you’ll be unable to use Sidecar.

Use an iPad as a second display for a Mac - Apple Support

If you are unable use Sidecar, perhaps one of the available third-party alternatives may be more suited to your needs. Perhaps consider Duet - which can be used to extend a Windows PC or Mac display to an iPad via a wired or wireless connection:

https://www.duetdisplay.com/

using iPad Pro as a second display for my MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.