Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

403 Forbidden message

I keep getting the 403 Forbidden message on my Mac when I try to access a site I have used many times before without any problem. It is a legitimate and completely safe site from a National Organisation, but I now cannot access it because of the repeated message. The same message comes up when I try on all my other devices too. Phone, Tablet etc.

Can anyone help please?

MacBook Air 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Oct 17, 2022 5:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2022 9:49 PM

Hi Pren51.

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Seems the error could be coming up for any one of various reasons.

You. might want to learn whether others can access the site ok, or whether no-one else can access that site either.

Some possible reasons:

May be Security issues: Website may be being protected .... unauthorised access not available.

Eg: the website barring entry at the time (eg: because of hackers, or website currently unavailable / being updated etc.)(You could try communicating with the Company / Business / Agency behind the website)

May be because your Mac & devices software is not updated to the standard now needed to access the website.

May be something to do with the settings, preferences, or other. data on your device

eg: ... necessary cookies missing for that site ... or cookies preventing access ....

or something in Safari's History .... or website Data ... could be blocking your attempts

May be a firewall issue. (either the website company''s or yours)

May be Network Settings : if so, resetting might help.

Sorry there seems no simple answer.

All the best :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2022 9:49 PM in response to Pren51

Hi Pren51.

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Seems the error could be coming up for any one of various reasons.

You. might want to learn whether others can access the site ok, or whether no-one else can access that site either.

Some possible reasons:

May be Security issues: Website may be being protected .... unauthorised access not available.

Eg: the website barring entry at the time (eg: because of hackers, or website currently unavailable / being updated etc.)(You could try communicating with the Company / Business / Agency behind the website)

May be because your Mac & devices software is not updated to the standard now needed to access the website.

May be something to do with the settings, preferences, or other. data on your device

eg: ... necessary cookies missing for that site ... or cookies preventing access ....

or something in Safari's History .... or website Data ... could be blocking your attempts

May be a firewall issue. (either the website company''s or yours)

May be Network Settings : if so, resetting might help.

Sorry there seems no simple answer.

All the best :-)

403 Forbidden message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.