You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

report junk feature 16

I am mainly posting this here in the (likely silly) hope that someone at Apple will read it and decide to let us turn off the report junk feature with texting. Having a junk option would be great if I could do it via an info button like with phone calls, but having "report junk" pop up every single time I delete a text, forcing me to deal with an extra screen and having to do something more, is incredibly annoying and will make me switch to Android (which seems generally to give people more control over their phone options and not force people to do it the one and only Apple way).

iPhone X

Posted on Oct 17, 2022 9:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2022 9:36 AM

This is a user-to-user forum. It is not a way to get a message to Apple. Like just about every large company Apple has both formal technical support and an area where users can discuss technical issues with other users. And, like all of those other companies, Apple does not participate in any significant way in the user-to-user discussions, as that might inhibit the free flow of ideas. The formal name of this area is Apple Support Communities. The “Communities” should be a giveaway that this isn’t a formal support site. And if that doesn’t, the site itself is https://discussions.apple.com. The “discussions” is another giveaway.

Apple’s formal support can be reached several ways:

• Provide feedback to Apple at→ https://apple.com/feedback where your issue or suggestion will be recorded, but you will not get a reply

• Click on “Get Support” at the top of this page
  • Go to Apple Support

Note that both of the above have options to receive a callback or chat

About the only communications method not used by Apple support is inbound email, probably because the volume would be overwhelming, and separating the wheat from the chaff (or, to us engineers, a poor signal to noise ratio) would be almost impossible. 

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 17, 2022 9:36 AM in response to Trnilsson

This is a user-to-user forum. It is not a way to get a message to Apple. Like just about every large company Apple has both formal technical support and an area where users can discuss technical issues with other users. And, like all of those other companies, Apple does not participate in any significant way in the user-to-user discussions, as that might inhibit the free flow of ideas. The formal name of this area is Apple Support Communities. The “Communities” should be a giveaway that this isn’t a formal support site. And if that doesn’t, the site itself is https://discussions.apple.com. The “discussions” is another giveaway.

Apple’s formal support can be reached several ways:

• Provide feedback to Apple at→ https://apple.com/feedback where your issue or suggestion will be recorded, but you will not get a reply

• Click on “Get Support” at the top of this page
  • Go to Apple Support

Note that both of the above have options to receive a callback or chat

About the only communications method not used by Apple support is inbound email, probably because the volume would be overwhelming, and separating the wheat from the chaff (or, to us engineers, a poor signal to noise ratio) would be almost impossible. 

Oct 17, 2022 10:07 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thanks. I have submitted my feedback using the link you provided. But I have to say that if Apple really cared about their customers being happy they would not create so many features that cannot be turned off, that can only be used one way, etc. And they would make their feedback route much easier to find on their sites. The fact that they do neither doesn't help me to view them as customer-friendly.

report junk feature 16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.